Did you know that studies show periodontal (gum) disease has a similar effect on your cardiovascular health as smoking? And that people respond better to medications for diabetes and high blood pressure if they have good oral health?
April is Oral Health Month. What’s Good for Your Mouth, is Good for Your Health! To celebrate, we are giving away a Sonicare Diamond Clean Electric Toothbrush in our office. Stop by to say hi and add your name to the draw!
5 Ways to “Spring Clean” for Optimal Oral Health:
- Limit foods and drinks containing sugar
- Eat a well-balanced diet, including snacking on cheese, nuts, fruits and veggies
- Use an ultra-soft bristle toothbrush (or an electric brush) and fluoride toothpaste; and replace your toothbrush every three months
- Floss everyday! Waterpik’s are also a great tool to add to your daily routine.
- Avoid smoking, vaping, cannabis or chewing tobacco
Call us today at 403.263.6340 for a comprehensive evaluation and risk assessment of your oral health. Our goal is always to help our patients achieve optimal oral and overall health. We love welcoming new patients into our practice and reconnecting with past patients.
Source: Alberta Dental Association and College
Leave A Comment