We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our practice! After a lot of preparation, Drs Swanlund and Graas will be seeing patients for outstanding treatment starting Tuesday May 19th. Our hygienists will start providing routine care as of May 27th.
We have a long list of people who have had appointments cancelled during our closure, rest assured our admin team will be in touch to reschedule you. If you do not feel comfortable coming in at this time, please let us know so that we can reschedule or postpone your appointment and make room for others waiting.
Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) and Infection Control that has exceeded the Alberta Dental Association & College guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic we have instituted additional protocols to ensure your safety.
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on Infection Control and new Patient Management procedures.
1. You will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
2. In order to minimize time spent in our reception area, we will also update any changes in contact information, address, insurance information and medical/dental history at this time.
3. We will send you a COVID-19 consent form to sign and bring with you to your appointment.
4. Please arrive on time for your appointment, and wait in your vehicle or in the building lobby. We will call or text you when we are ready for you to come in.
5. Please clean your hands with the hand sanitizer provided on entry into our clinic and before you leave.
6. We encourage you to wear a mask to your appointment.
7. We will be recording temperature and pulse oximetry on every patient upon entering the office, along with completing the consent form if you have not already done so.
8. We kindly request that patients come to their appointment alone, with the exception of essential caregivers and parents. We encourage essential caregivers to wait outside after accompanying the patient into the clinic. If that is not possible, please maintain distancing in our reception area.
9. Unfortunately, we have had to remove magazines and other items that can harbour or transfer germs of any kind from our waiting room.
10. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic.
11. We have installed a sneeze guard in reception area to help maintain social distancing.
12. We have introduced a 1% peroxide oral pre-treatment rinse for all patients to reduce aerosol contamination.
13. We require all team members to have their temperature and pulse oximetry measured prior to beginning the work day, as well as sign their own consent form.
14. Appointments must be managed to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. This may mean fewer options for scheduling.
15. You will notice our clinical team wearing a lot more PPE! We must wear masks at all times in the office, and face shields/gowns during treatment. Rest assured, we are smiling underneath it all!
We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Leave A Comment