- Timing: Snacking on candy all day will increase your risk of tooth decay. Try eating your candy with meals or shortly after when saliva production is higher. Saliva helps to buffer the acid produced by bacteria in your mouth, and wash away the sugary particles.
- Choose your candy carefully: Avoid hard or sticky candies that stay in the mouth for a longer period of time.
- Drink more water: This helps increase saliva production and wash away sugar around your teeth.
- Stay away from sugary beverages: This includes pop, sports/energy drinks, juice, and flavoured water.
- Chew sugarless gum after you eat your candy: Also helps increase saliva production
- Brush and floss: You should brush twice a day and floss once a day to remove plaque bacteria and food particles from around and in between your teeth.
Leave A Comment