Here are some tips to keep your child’s teeth strong and healthy as we start a new school year:
- A dental exam and cleaning is a great part of your back to school routine. Your dentist may suggest fluoride treatments or sealants to reduce risk of cavities and save your child from pain and lost school time.
- Replace your child’s toothbrush every 3 months, and remind them to brush their tongue as well as their teeth!
- Eating healthy school snacks such as fruits, raw vegetables, grains, and calcium-rich foods like milk, yogurt and cheese can help prevent cavities.
- Avoid juice, pop and frequent snacking at school/home.
- If your kids are in sports, consider having them properly fitted for a mouthguard to protect their teeth while they are physically active.